Ortho K Lenses
If you are short-sighted and want to be free of glasses or contact lenses during the day you may think that laser eye surgery is your only option. But even though the risks are minimal, taking a chance with your sight can be a very scary prospect.
Fortunately, an amazing new vision therapy Orthokeratology (or Ortho K) has arrived at Farmilo Optometrists.
Ortho K provides clear, comfortable vision without the need to wear contact lenses during the day. That means no more restrictions on how long you wear your lenses, no more irritation in dry, smoky environments or tired eyes at the end of a long day.
So how is this possible? Very simply, Ortho K is a specially designed contact lens that reverses the power of the cornea at the front of the eye during overnight wear. Once the full effect has taken place, the eye is effectively â€˜normalâ€™ and can see clearly during the day.
Ortho K is ideal for low to mid short sighted people who:
- Want clear natural vision all day – every day
- Find soft contact lenses do not fulfil the comfort demands their life-style places on their eyes
- Are involved in recreational and sports activities where periods without wearing contact lenses is ideal
- Have considered refractive surgery because of the freedom it provides, but are worried about the risks
With Ortho K you will benefit from:
- Freedom from contact lenses and glasses during the day
- Very easy adaptation, only overnight lens wear required
- A comfortable, semi-permanent alternative for the correction of short sightedness
- A safe and reversible vision correction therapy without surgery